Saturday 8 December 2012

Rosie Millar

These images explore the visibility of the surface, its structure and restructure. They derive from a project based upon themes surrounding lace, where I examined ideas of relief and the notion of the visible and the unseen. Using everyday objects, such as elastic bands, paper clips and drawing pins, I created shibori samples which translated form and dimension. These outcomes marry my initial influences and play with the ideas I have explored – forms of relief and structure, the opacity and visibility of a surface and the creation of an intimate landscape through fabric manipulation. Photographing my work aided me in establishing the surface as a landscape, as well as allowing me to create a second surface, through shadows. It has enabled me to deceptively convey scale and form, as well as allowing me to act as a mediator between a viewer and the original piece.
 
rosiemillar@yahoo.co.uk 



No comments:

Post a Comment